Thursday, June 2, 2011

Maple Syrup Married Bread


I'm a married woman. I have resolved to post more recipes after the wedding, so here I go.

What do you bake when you're married? Well, my husband wants bread. That has been his only request so far. Oh, and Leftover Chicken-Chicken Salad sandwiches, but I'll make that tomorrow.
So I made bread.
Well, I'm making bread right now. I'm listening to my awful bread-maker as I type this. That sound and my wedding reception playlist. I am a sap.

This recipe is hardly new. It's just bread. Made with Maple Syrup that Heika gave us from vermont. She also gave us blackberry jam that we're going to put on our maple toast tomorrow.
Mmm. I would love Vermont so much more if it didn't hold her hostage for far too long.

Anyway, here's some bread. Toast it. Sandwich it. Pinch pieces off of it and nibble them (and don't count the calories). Do whatever you'd like. All I ask is that you remember me as you make and enjoy this recipe.

Maple Syrup Married Bread.

1 ½ cups Milk/Water

1 1/3 Tbs Vegetable Oil

2 Tbs Maple Syrup. (don't be shy)

1 tsp salt

4 cups flour (I did 1 cup whole wheat to ease my binge guilt)

2 tsp yeast

You know the drill. Pile it all in there in order and press start. Then go read parenting books while your husband plays call of duty.

Love,
Darla Jean Innis.

No comments:

Post a Comment