Friday, July 1, 2011

Casey's Yummy French Toast Casserole



It's been too long. I'm sorry. I just had a lot going on. I didn't stop baking! I just stopped telling you about it.

Here are some important and unimportant things that I can share.

I'm pregnant. I am 32 weeks and 5 days pregnant to be exact. My body has changed a lot in the last 32 weeks and 5 days. And here are some notes on that.

I now know that you can't just sneeze whenever you feel like it. You have to get ready. Cross your legs, cross your fingers, close your eyes and say a prayer. Or else, you will probably pee... enough to have to re asses your wardrobe.

I can't zip my pants. I can't complain. At least I can still wear some of my pre-preg pants. But, sometimes people want to rub your blooming belly and they can totally feel the top of your pants wide open.

I'm never bored. I always have a little friend with me. When I feel bored, I just wake her up and try to figure out where her body parts are. I can't tell if she likes it or it bothers her, so I just assume she likes it like I do. She's just already cute.

Earrings make you feel pretty. Wear them camping. Wear them with sweats. Where them when your body is huge or when you need to get your eyebrows threaded.

You can wear pretty shoes, but you can't buckle them.

Those are just a few. There are more things, but that's not why I'm writing.

I'm writing to tell you about Casey's Yummy French Toast Casserole.

It belongs to Casey.

I've borrowed it from Casey multiple times. It's great for when you're hosting a group of people overnight; or if you have hungry boys. One time, she measured and combined all of the ingredients for me and all I had to do was put them together for Melissa's wedding morning breakfast. It's that great. She's that great.

Preparation time: 15 min

Cook Time: 50 minutes

Servings: 6 (maybe more) (maybe less if you have hungry boys)

Ingredients

I cup firmly packed brown sugar

1/2 cup butter or margarine (=1stick)

2 tablespoons Light Corn Syrup

12 slices of bread (torn up in pieces) (texas toast, or french bread that is about to be too hard)

1 3/4 cups of (2%) milk

7 eggs

2 teaspoons of vanilla extract

1/4 teaspoon of salt

Directions:

in a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened. Pour into the bottom of a 13x9x2 baking pan.

Arrange bread (torn) on top.

Beat milk, eggs, vanilla, and salt in medium bowl. pour over bread, cover and refrigerate over night.

Next MORNING

Preheat oven to 350

remove cover from pan, and bake for 50 minutes, or until set and golden brown. Serve immediately.

Serve with some fresh fruit on the side or on top. Serve with a dash of cinnamon (it never hurt anyone) Serve it with a fork and eat it right out of the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment