Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wild Rice Salad with Yogurt Vinaigrette


Sometimes, being healthy means being weird. Sometimes, being weird means being healthy. Both times, I like it.

Here is something that I need to explain. I don’t have Internet at my house. Why? Because I don’t make enough money to do the things I want and I barely have enough to do the things I need. So, I can’t post all of the things I’ve been cooking and baking. I’m sorry. Trust me though, when I cook and bake, I think of you. Sorry I’m going to ambush the blog again with things, it’s just that I’m at my parents’ house and they have Internet.

So back to weird healthy and happy things…this salad is all of it! I got it from Joy the Baker and I changed only a couple of things.

Ingredients:

5 cups of cooked wild rice

1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained

1 (15 ounce) can marinated artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped

about 3 cups coarsely chopped cooked sweet potatoes

1 cup raw almonds

1 cup fresh blueberries

2-3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves

for the yogurt vinaigrette, whisk together the following:

1 heaping spoonful Dijon or whole grain mustard

1 heaping spoonful of honey

1/4 cup red wine vinegar

1 - 1 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (i used vanilla Greek yogurt)

salt and pepper to taste

about 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley

about 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives

a few mint leaves chopped

a small garlic clove, finely chopped

Mix it all together and drop a healthy dollop of dressing on it. Enjoy, my weird friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment