Sunday, July 25, 2010

Curry Chicken Salad Sandwiches


Ok, look. Some people don't like curry. Others, like myself, do. So take it or leave it, here's a recipe for an awesome sandwich.

this recipe was inspired by a sandwich at Simple.

I was really proud of myself for this one. Have you ever had chicken salad with sweet potatoes in it? What about coconut milk instead of mayo? I don't know, I think I invented it.

Try it, change it, let me know what you think!

3 chicken breasts
1/2 lemon
1 half of a beer. just chug the rest. Party party party let's all get wasted. (chill, it's a song haha)
salt, pepper and curry to taste

1 cup of sliced grapes
1 half of a sweet potato
1 stalk of celery sliced thinly
3 chives, sliced

1/4 cup coconut milk
salt and pepper

In a medium pot, cover the chicken with boiling water. Boil until it is almost cooked, shred it and then put it in a fry pan.

squeeze the 1/2 lemon on the chicken and add the beer. Salt, pepper and curry that mess until it's cooked, moist and delicious. (I believe chicken should be good on it's own before you turn it into chicken salad. The rest of the ingredients should enhance it, not cover it)

Put the chopped sweet potatoes on a plate, cover them and microwave them for 4 to 8 minutes. or until cooked.

Next, add all the remaining ingredients into a bowl and adjust to your liking. Let it cool completely before serving. Serve on toast, or Naan if tiffy posts her recipe for it.

What is that tasty salad next to it? Grilled peach salad, I'll post it later. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment