Sunday, July 25, 2010

Beer chicken avocado mango toastwiches


I have been 21 since March 4th 2010. I bought alcohol for the first time last week. They didn’t even get to ask for my ID, I offered it right away. Kind of a dorky move in retrospect. Gosh Darla, can’t you just be cool? No.

Anyway, I just bought a six-pack of miller high life because that’s what Tiffy’s fiancé, Andy said to get. (Ps, yeah, fiancé!!!!) Get ready, because I have to get rid of this beer. For some reason, I’m afraid to drink it. I’m afraid I’ll like it. I mean, I tasted it, I can see how people like it. It’s just that I’m an addictions counselor. I tell my clients not to drink, wouldn’t it be weird if I did? I don’t know. I’m still figuring it out. Anyway, cooking with it is fine with me, I love what it does to food.

I had this idea while I was at work. I love mango and avocado toast, why not add some beer chicken? I hope I’m the first one to do it. I swear I invented it. They made their debut last Tuesday for my Dad, Caitlin, and Jordan. I made some roasted sweet potatoes and a lime bean salad to go with it. I’ll post those recipes too. I hope you like this!!

3 Chicken breast

Salt and Pepper to taste

A few dashes of paprika

1 beer (miller high life)

1 half lemon

2 avocados

2 mangos

4 pieces of toast

Bring some water to a boil (enough to cover the chicken) Boil the chicken until it is almost cooked. There should be a hint of pink left. Remove from the water and shred the chicken into strands with a fork. Then put the chicken in a frying pan on medium heart and add the juice of the half lemon, about half of the beer bottle, and then salt and pepper. It shouldn’t be sitting in a lot of liquid, it the chicken is supposed to taste peppery and bold, because the mangos and the avocados are going to be cooling it down a lot. When the chicken seems done and you’ve stuck your slimy fingers in it to taste it and you like it, then you’re ready to start building your toastwich. Toast, avocado, chicken, mango, and then salt. It will make your toes twitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment