Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cilantro-Lime Hummus



Ever since I bought a food processor, I have wanted, well needed to make some kind of hummus. I stumbled upon this recipe in an App on my iPad (sorry Darla, I'll share it with you). It looked so creamy and delicious, I just had to try it. The cilantro-lime combo also makes a very refreshing summer dish!

Ingredients:

2 15 oz. cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Juice and zest of 1 lime
2 cups fresh cilantro
1 tbsp tahini
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup water

Directions:

In food processor, add all ingredients except for the water.















Pulse for a few minutes, and periodically scrape sides of mixture.

Slowly add 1/2 cup water to mixture.

Pulse until mixture is smooth.



















If mixture is too chunky, add a little more water or olive oil to reach the desired consistency.

I made some naan (recipe I will post later) to go with, or you can just enjoy with some chips.

Either way, enjoy!

Heika

2 comments:

  1. You sure are something! 1, I need a food processor! 2, I need this hummas. 3, don't hold out on that naan recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. You really do...(house warming gift?)
    2. Will bring this and almond butter for you at baby shower :-)
    3. After working double today, I will share naan , oh girl will it be a long day!

    ReplyDelete